Full-time role, 5 days a week on our popular deli counter
The post holder will be accountable to the General Manager and the Deputy Managers and will be responsible for the day to day management of the Deli Department. As well as driving sales you will be a hands on member of the team. You will work with the Management team to expand and develop the current business.
- Assist with marketing and business promotion both internally and externally.
- Create appropriate merchandising displays daily.
- Managing day to day running of the deli.
- Monitor sales, stock rotation and wastage.
- To ensure all staff maintains high standards of customer care and relations at all times.
- Deal with enquires and complaints promptly.
- Implement hygiene, legislation and health and safety policies.
- Keep up to date with training and legislation.
- To assist with training staff.
- Efficient cost control and appropriate ordering of goods whilst minimising wastage.
- To ensure the efficient use of all staff at all times within set budgets.
- To lead, maintain and manage a happy and productive staff team across all departments.
- Ensure all stock management systems are maintained accurately, within the agreed parameters and in a timely manner using it to its full capabilities.
- Complete all necessary stock takes.
- Other work as directed by the General Manager or Deputy Managers.
- Passion and enthusiasm to drive the deli forward.
- To be punctual, committed, self-motivated and professional.
- Flexible with working hours and days to cover 5 days out of 7.
- Work well on own initiative.
- Effective time management.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- To be able to work and communicate effectively as part of a team.
- To lead, organise and motivate a team to get the best out of them.
- To undertake duties as may be determined from time to time within the general scope of the post.
Experience, Training, Education and Knowledge Requirements
- At least 3 years deli experience including at least 1 year at supervisory level in a retail environment.
- Knowledge of cheese.
- Level 2 food hygiene qualification or willing to train, ideally level 3.
- Barista experience an advantage.
To apply please email us your CV and covering letter, letting us know why you are suited for the role, to firstname.lastname@example.org