Full-time role, 5 days a week in our busy coffee shop
The post holder will be accountable to the General Manager and the Deputy Managers and will be responsible for the day to day management of the Coffee Shop. As well as driving sales you will be a hands on member of the team working with the Management team to expand and develop the current business.
- Meet, greet and seat guests promptly and effectively showing awareness of customer types and seat sensitively.
- Take customer food and drink orders accurately, demonstrating excellent product knowledge and sales skills. Serve and clear tables.
- Demonstrate proactive service during customer visit: positively impacting on the customer journey wherever possible.
- Prioritise workload during high volume periods; effectively communicate own and customer requirements within the team, and seek & offer assistance where appropriate.
- Process payments effectively and accurately.
- Set up and Close Down effectively, including cleaning duties.
- Delegate efficiently and sensitively to junior team members when required.
- Deal with enquires and complaints promptly.
- Understand and implement hygiene, legislation and health and safety policies.
- Keep up to date with training and legislation.
- Assist with training staff.
- Efficient cost control and appropriate ordering of goods whilst minimising wastage.
- To ensure the efficient use of all staff at all times within set budgets.
- To lead, maintain and manage a happy and productive staff team across all departments.
- Ensure all stock management systems are maintained accurately, within the agreed parameters and in a timely manner using it to its full capabilities.
- Assist with all necessary stock takes.
- Monitor sales, stock rotation and wastage.
- To ensure all staff maintains high standards of customer care and relations at all times.
- Managing day to day running of the Coffee Shop.
- Other work as directed by the General Manager or Deputy Managers.
- Passion & enthusiasm for customer service.
- To be punctual, committed, self-motivated and professional.
- Flexible with working hours and days to cover 5 days out of 7.
- Work well on own initiative.
- Effective time management.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- To be able to work and communicate effectively as part of a team.
- To lead, organise and motivate a team to get the best out of them.
- To undertake duties as may be determined from time to time within the general scope of the post.
Experience, Training, Education and Knowledge Requirements
- At least 3 years waiting experience including at least 1 year at supervisory level.
- Cash handling competency
- Level 2 or 3 food hygiene qualification or willingness to train.
To apply please email us your CV and covering letter, letting us know why you are suited for the role, to firstname.lastname@example.org